In our years of interacting with Birmingham Singles, a trend has emerged – the focus has shifted from “being” the right one to “finding” the right one. As matchmakers, we always tell each one of our clients that finding love, and developing a true lasting relationship starts with YOU. Before you look at a single profile or go out on a first date, you need to understand yourself, your priorities, and have a healthy relationship with yourself.
Two halves do not make a whole when it comes to a healthy relationship: it takes two wholes.
As part of our services, we offer one-on-one Self Discovery sessions designed specifically for you. Your date coach will help you assess various aspects of your life including your past relationships, your finances, your health and physical attributes, your emotional readiness, and expectations from your potential mates. This self evaluation is an important first step on your journey towards love and will be the basis of the specialized coaching our relationship experts will provide. Request your free self discovery consultation by filling out the “Book a Consultation” form.
Depending on the results of your self evaluation, your dating coach will offer advice on any number of the following topics:
Your dating approach – Is it ideal, how can we improve on your methods?
- It can be easy to get stuck inside our comfort zones which doesn’t allow for personal growth and improvement. Your coach can help you break past your limitations and explore new options for how you approach dating.
Who you are attracting – Are you attracting the right people? How can you know which people you should be trying to attract?
- Everybody is looking for something different out of a relationship, and determining what is important to you helps you know who you should be looking for. Things like financial stability, long-term commitment or physical health might be things to consider fostering in yourself if you are seeking that in a relationship.
First impressions – How should you approach someone you are attracted to? Do you need coaching on timing, body language or confidence?
- First impressions are important when it comes to dating and that is why it is important to feel comfortable in yourself and your abilities. Our coaches can help tutor you in body language, confidence and self-esteem, and etiquette for flirting and initiating romance.
Dating online – Is online dating right for you? Are your profile and pictures appropriate? What should you expect when transferring from an online relationship to a real-world partner?
- Online dating may seem like an easy option for meeting potential matches but in reality, it can be quite complex. Your coach can work with you on presenting yourself, vetting dates, initiating conversations and taking the relationship offline.
Matchmaker – Why use a Professional Matchmaker in this digital age? Is personal matchmaking right for your needs?
- Professional matchmaking could be a great option for relationship-minded singles who find online dating substandard or are limited by time restraints. We have access to a local pool of quality Birmingham singles, who have been vetted for relationship readiness as well as financial and emotional stability.
Emotional preparation – Are you ready to be in a relationship? Do you have any recurring issues that should be addressed before dating?
- As mentioned above, two halves do not make a whole in dating. You need two whole and healthy individuals to have a successful relationship. If you have had recurring issues in your past that hinder your relationships, we can help you explore those issues and work on developing healthy coping mechanisms.
First dates – How do you choose appropriate first date settings or ensure the first date becomes a second?
- First dates can be nerve-wracking but there is no reason any first date should be considered a ‘failure’. Your dating coach will help you evaluate problematic first dates, develop dating strategies and coach you on the etiquette for encouraging a second date. The most important thing about dating is you must constantly learn and adapt based on your experiences and our coaches can help you do that.
Screening – Do you have trouble setting firm expectations and boundaries? Do you need to be coached in being assertive or setting higher or more realistic standards?
- Setting firm expectations and boundaries is an important part of life and even more important in relationships. This starts from the first date. How you treat people and how you expect to be treated sets the tone moving forward. We will help you set realistic expectations, understand what boundaries should be, and how you should react when your standards or expectations are not met.
Your personalized dating coach will help you see the issues in your dating life and help you to solve them in a safe environment. We structure your sessions around your needs and time requirements by offering sessions over the phone, via Skype or in person (when possible). It is alright to need a little help sometimes, and this is the first step you can take towards a healthy, loving, and meaningful relationship. Request your free consultation by filling out the “Book a Consultation” form.